Monday 26 July 2010

Mini Trip

As an entrepreneur it's sometimes (or always) quite hard to find time for one self, or simply be able to resist the work and have a break. As a result, things can get tiring and one simply runs out of energy or like I, get constantly ill:( Times like these, everyone being on their summer holidays, except me. I should be preparing for the coming CHRISTMAS (yup!), makes things even more hard to take some time off. So I finally put an end to my "suffering" and stole myself a mini break, droving about in couple of cities around the Southern Finland:)

The trip started from Vihti, via Mustio, Karjaa, Hanko, Tammisaari and Fiskars.
First stop; Mustio's Manor house, or Castle like it's known nowadays, and its stunning gardens! (1780's):

Hanko, the southernmost tip of the continental Finland, known for its beautiful late 1800's to early 1900's villas, fine beaches and summer events, such as Hanko's Regatta for sailing enthusiasts
Fiskars: Some of the more crafty people may recognise the name as one of the finest scissor labels in the world, but it's also a very darling little village located close to Karjaa, a true birth down for the scissors (and other quality tools!) mentioned:) just less than an hour away from Helsinki. The photo below, of course, is a silly example of the word "Fiskars", but for some odd reason I've been drawn to lost feathers for past... I don't know.. several months, and I amused all the stand byers by rushing to sit down by this "invisible" thing and shot it for several good long minutes:)

More pics to follow from Hanko and Fiskars when I have a spare moment to sit down and resize them:) Another mini hols waits around the corder, it's summer cottage time in Luvia for me and the hounds, at the West Coast Finland, for the next two days:) Wouldn't really have the time, but..:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...